Congratulations! You have just acquired a top of the line sleep system; backed by one of the finest warranties available. At DreamStar, your comfort is our prerogative and passion. This is why we guarentee the quality of our sleep sets with the promise to replace or repair any product that fails to live up to our high standards. Please take the time to read over the warranty guidelines below.
Length of Warranty
Your warranty protects you from the day you purchase your sleep set and continues according to the "Warranty Schedule” found on this card. In the event that we repair or replace your mattress and/or box spring, this warranty continues your protection from the original date of purchase.
DreamStar mattresses are designed to work on a firm, solid-surface, non- spring foundation or adjustable bed base that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of purcahsers' mattress and user(s). This Limited Warranty and other performance warranties are based on tests conducted on "sets" that consist of our mattresses and our foundations/adjustable bases. DreamStar may require the purchaser to provide proof of the quality of the foundation, adjutsable bed base, or bed frame used with the mattress if the purchaser makes a claim under this Limited Warranty. DreamStar makes no representation whatsoever as to the structural integrity or rated load for any frame, foundation, or adjustable base not manufactured by or for DreamStar. DreamStar reserves the right to invalidate this Limited Warranty if the foundation is determined with reasonable discretion, to be inadequate or if the mattress is found to be in unsanitary condition.
If purchaser uses inappropriate foundations, box springs, adjustable bed bases or bed frames with mattress, such use will void this Limited Warranty and all other warranties, whether expressed or implied, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
NO SALES RECEIPT WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.
Mattress Warranty Coverage
This warranty covers the following items during normal wear:
- Coils or wires that are loose or broken
- Coils or wires that protrude or rip through the fabric - Body Indentation of 2" or greater.
- Your mattress must be continuously supported by a DreamStar appropriate box spring, or equivalent, with an appropriate frame. The frame should include a rigid center support with at least 5 legs or a rigid center support with at least 6 hardwood cross slats for Queen and King sets. A rigid center support is equal to a support that extends from the frame to the ground.
- Any physical flaw in the mattress that causes the material to split or crack, despite normal usage and proper handling.
- Any manufacturing defect in the zipper assembly of the mattress.
- In the event that DreamStar replaces the mattress, DreamStar will replace with current style or cover available for the mattress, which may be of a different color or material than the original cover provided.
Items and damages not specifility listed in the "Mattress Warranty Coverage" sections are not covered. For example:
- Mattress Fabric. (covers, including stains, soiling or burns)
- Border wires, which run along the perimeter of the mattress and foundation, bent due to moving or bending the sleep set.
- Structural damage from using an improper bed frame. This applies to Queen and King sized mattresses or box springs ONLY if they are used on an appropriate frame with rigid center support having at least 5 legs or a rigid center support with 6 hardwood cross-slats.
- Used bedding or mattresses sold "as is" and floor models.
- Body Indentation less than 2".
- Mattress Height, Comfort Preference or Sheet Fit.
- Mattress damage due to an inappropriate box spring. A mattress is designed for full performance when used in conjunction with a DreamStar appropriate box spring as part of a total sleep set.
- Replacement of another peice in sleep set, unless it is also deemed defective.
- Mattress or box spring damage due to abuse.
- Replacement of another piece in sleep set.
- Damaged incurred by transportation or delivery.
Your Warranty Will Be Negated If The Following Is Found:
- The mattress is in unhygienic condition (visible stains, soiled, or burned.)
- Liquid damage is detected
- Damage due to chemicals.
- Damage/defect due to improper usage/care.
- Damage due to abuse. - Improper support.
- No sales receipt.
- Your mattress must be continuously supported by an appropriate boxspring (or equivalent) and frame. Failing to do so will negate your warranty.
- The equivalent should include a rigid center support (which is equal to a support that extends from the frame to the ground), with a minimum of 5 legs or 6 hardwood cross slats for Queen or King sets. For clear illustration of this, please see model #1 provided in the following page.
- Your mattress is designed for full performance when used in conjunction with a DreamStar appropriate box spring as part of a total set.
- Body indentation is a normal occurrence in a mattress: it is an indication that the layers of upholstery are conforming to your body's individual contours.
- If you feel your mattress is starting to indent we suggest rotating your mattress every 30-90 days to prevent future sagging. For clear illustration of this, please see model #2 provided in the following page.
- DO NOT attempt to sleep on the boxspring or the non-sleep surface of the mattress as they are not designed for this purpose.
DreamStar makes every effort to manufacture our sleep sets with the finest materials and workmanship.
- If manufacturing defect (product failure due to defective material or workmanship) that is covered under warranty occurs during your warranty period, DreamStar will repair or replace the defective product within a reasonable period of time. (At DreamStar's discretion.)
- IMPORTANT: Please be aware that transportation costs are the responsibility of the consumer and are NOT covered under warranty.
BoxSpring Warranty Coverage
- Splits in the wood frame
- Noises (squeaking, rattling, etc.)
- Loose or broken beams, center support rail, and/or module wire. - Compression of modules.
- Unstapled modules
- Your boxspring must be continuously supported by a proper bed frame. Failing to do so will negate your warranty.
- The frame should include a rigid center support (which is equal to a support that extends from the frame to the ground), with a minimum of 5 legs or 6 hardwood cross slats for Queen or King sets. For clear illustration of this, please see model #1 provided in the following page.
Example of proper bed frame for Queen and King Size Bed
Example of how to rotate your mattress. Please note: It is reccomended to rotate your mattress every 30-90 days to ensure balanced body impressions throughout the mattress.
In Order For Your Warranty To Be Valid, You Must:
- Provide the original receipt prvided to you by the retailer in which you purchased from. (in lieu of original receipt, other acceptable proof of purchase MUST include place, date of purchase, and product in question.) - You must be the original purchaser of this product, and have purchased your sleep set from one of DreamStar's authorized dealers.
- In order to verify that the product in question is a product of DreamStar we will require a photo of the law tag label.
- You will be required to describe in detail the issue(s) that you are experiencing with this product.
- Photo verification of the defect will also be required - please do your best to capture the flaw(s) in these pictures, as they will determine whether or not what you are experiencing is a manufacture defect.
- For tips on capturing a defect please contact DreamStar's head office.
- Registering your warranty online does NOT mean that your original store receipt will not be required in order to validate your warranty.
- We suggest not only keeping your original receipt but to also take a scanned digital copy, in case the ink should fade over time.
- If identical materials are not available at the time of product service, DreamStar reserves the right to substitute material of equal or higher value.
- DreamStar makes no claim that our products are designed for those suffering from medical conditions; and does NOT warrant our product to be suitable for any person(s) with a medical condition affected by sleeping position or comfort.
Exclusive Remedy / Other Limitations
Beginning on the date of purchase by consumer, any and all implied warranties on this product shall not exceed in duration of the terms of this limited warranty. The service terms stated in this warranty shall be the consumer's sole and exclusive remedy in the event of product failure. DreamStar shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of this product, or inability to use this product, or for the breach of this or any other express or implied warranty.
Some provinces and territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and may entitle you to further provincial rights, which will vary depending on your region.
DREAMSTAR MAKES NO WARRANTY BEYOND WHAT IS CONTAINED IN WRITING
Limited Warranty Period
Your warranty protects you from the day you purchase your sleep set (as established from the date of your receipt) and concludes according to warranty period outlined below.
In the event that your sleep set requires and is approved for repair or replacement, the repaired product will no longer be protected under warranty.
If the DreamStar product purchased is no longer being manufactured, the current retail price will be determined by DreamStar from a comparable product. DreamStar has sole discretion to determine which current retail price will be used. DreamStar reserves the right to substitute material of equal value.
Do's & Don'ts of Bedding Care
- Give your new sleep set time to air upon removal from its packaging. Recycle all plastic packaging
- For all rolled mattress, be aware that it may take up to 48-72 hours for the mattress to reach its desired size. This may take longer due to environmental factors.
- Carry your mattress flat on its side, it is easier to handle and you will be less likely to damage your mattress.
- Keep your bedding clean. We reccomend purchasing a waterproof mattress pad.
- Replace the old boxspring when purchasing a new mattress. An old boxspring may not provide sufficient support.
- Use appropriate frame and center support for Queen and King sized sets.
- Keep your retail receipt.
- Rotate your mattress every 30-90 days.
- DO NOT smoke in the bed. This mattress is manufactured as required by federal law to resist, but not necessarily eliminate ignition by smoldering cigarettes.
- DO NOT let anyone stand or jump on your mattress, this mattress is not designed for that kind of weight concentration or abuse.
- DO NOT allow your mattress to get wet because some upholstery materials may compress.
- DO NOT place a board between your mattress and boxspring. Your sleep set is desinged specificaly to provide you with proper support and the boxspring plays a significant role.
- DO NOT bend your mattress more than a 25-degree angle. Such treatment may damage the innerspring unit. Flex rather than bend the mattress when going through doorways.
- DO NOT use dry cleaning fluid of any type on your mattress.
- DO NOT remove law tag label at the end of your mattress, this serves as a means if indentification to establish your warranty rights.
DO NOT PLACE YOUR MATTRESS NEAR OPEN FLAME OR EXPOSE TO FIRE. THIS MATTRESS IS NOT FLAME OR FIREPROOF, AND CAN IGNITE AND/OR BURN IF EXPOSED TO OPEN FLAME OR FIRE. WHEN IGNITED, SOME BEDDING MATERIAL CAN BURN RAPIDLY AND EMIT SMOKE AND HAZARDOUS GASES.