North American Limited Warranty
Congratulations. You have just purchased one of the finest sleep systems available, backed up by one of the finest warranties available. At Dream Star Bedding, we make the mattress that makes you more
comfortable, and that includes replacing or repairing any sleep set that fails to live up to our high standards for quality materials and workmanship. Please take a few minutes to read over the warranty guidelines below.
Length of Warranty
Your warranty protects you from the day you purchase your sleep set, and continues according to the “Warranty Schedule” found on this card. In the event that we repair or replace your mattress and/or box spring, this warranty continues your protection from the original date of purchase.
This warranty covers the following items during normal wear:
- Coils or wires that are loose or broken.
- Coils or wires that protrude or rip through
- Body indentations of 2″ or greater.
- Your mattress must be continuously supported by a Dream Star Bedding appropriate box spring, or equivalent, with an appropriate frame. The frame should include a rigid center support with at least 5 legs or a rigid center support with at least 6 hardwood cross slats for queen and king sets. (See illustration for clarification.) A rigid center support is equal to a support that extends from the frame to the ground
- Splits in the wood frame.
- Squeaks, rattles or noises.
- Broken, loose or defective beams and/or center support rail.
- Loose or broken module wire.
- Compression of modules.
- Unstopping of modules.
- Sagging: A proper bed frame must continuously support the box spring. For king and queen sets, a rigid center support with at least 5 legs or a rigid center support with at least 6 hardwood cross slats is necessary. (See illustration for clarification.)
Items Not Covered:
Items and damages not specifically listed in the “Warranty Coverage” section are not covered, including, for example:
- Mattress Fabric. (covers, including stains, soiling or burns)
- Border wires, which run along the perimeter of the mattress and foundation, bent due to moving or bending the sleep set.
- Structural damage from using an improper bed frame. This warranty applies to queen and king sized mattresses or box springs ONLY if they are used on an appropriate frame with a rigid center support having at least 5 legs or a rigid center support with 6 hardwood cross-slats.
- Used bedding or bedding sold “as is” and floor models.
- Bed height.
- Comfort preference
- Body indentations less than 2″.
- Mattress damage due to an inappropriate Box spring. A mattress is designed for full
performance when used in conjunction with a Dream Star Bedding appropriate box spring as part of a total sleep set.
- Replacement of another piece in the sleep set, unless it is also defective.
- Mattress or box spring damage due to abuse.
- Transportation costs.
- Damage incurred by transportation or delivery.
- Sheet fit.
Examples of Proper Bed Frames for Queen and King Size Bedding:
Body indentation can be a normal occurrence in your new mattress, and indicate that the upholstery layers are conforming to your body’s individual contours. Do not attempt to sleep on the box spring or the non-sleep surface of the mattress as they are not made for that purpose. We make every effort to be sure we manufacture our sleep sets with the finest materials available. If, however, you do discover a defect in your new Dream Star Bedding mattress or box spring, simply contact the retail store where you purchased your sleep set and they will contact us. If you can’t reach the store, all you need to do is contact us directly.
If a defect that is covered occurs during the warranty period (which is described in the warranty schedule), Dream Star Bedding will repair or replace (at Dream Star Bedding’s option) the defective mattress and/or box spring within a reasonable period of time. In order for this limited warranty to be valid, you must:
1. Be the original consumer purchaser, and have purchased the sleep set from one of our authorized dealers in Canada or the United States.
2. Provide a copy of the original store receipt, or other proof of date, place of purchase and purchase price.
3. Provide the law label from the defective product.
If identical materials are not available at the time of product service, Dream Star Bedding reserves the right to substitute material of equal or higher value. You’ll be responsible for transportation costs of the product to and from the store or factory, as applicable. Your warranty does not cover products found to be in an unsanitary condition or when the product failure is due to causes other than defective materials or workmanship. Please refer to the “Do’s & Don’ts of Bedding Care” section of this brochure for proper sleep set care.
Exclusive Remedy/Other Limitations:
ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES ON THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE SHALL NOT EXCEED IN DURATION THE TERM OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, WHICH BEGINS WITH THE DATE OF PURCHASE BY THE CONSUMER. THE SERVICE TERMS STATED IN THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE THE CONSUMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IN THE EVENT OF PRODUCT FAILURE DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD. DREAM STAR BEDDING SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT, OR FOR THE BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY.
Dream Star Bedding does not warrant that this product is suitable for any person’s medical condition. Dream Star Bedding makes no warranty beyond what is contained in writing.
Some provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from province to province. Dream Star Bedding does not authorize any person to create for it any other obligation or liability in connection with this warranty.
Rotate Your Mattress To Ensure Leveled Contour Comfort
To assure maximum mattress performance, simply turn the mattress end to end occasionally during the first 4 months of use. Then turn it every 6 months thereafter. This let your mattress adjust smoothly and evenly to your body weight.
It’s easy to determine the length or your warranty and it’s terms. Simply match the Warranty Code from your mattress’ law tag with the same code on this warranty schedule.
Dream Star Bedding reserves the right to substitute material of equal value. Transportation costs are the responsibility of the customer. Your purchase is established from the date of your receipt.
If the Dream Star Bedding product purchased is no longer being manufactured, the current retail price will be determined by Dream Star Bedding from a comparable product. Dream Star Bedding has the sole discretion to determine which current retail price will be used.
Dos & Don’ts of Bedding Care:
- DO give your new sleep set time to “air” upon removal from its plastic packaging. Dispose of all plastic packaging as soon as possible.
- DO carry your mattress flat on its side. It’s easier
to handle and you’ll be less likely to damage the
- DO keep your bedding clean. We suggest using
a mattress pad, especially if children use the bed.
- DO replace the old box spring when purchasing a new mattress. An old box spring may not provide sufficient support. It may appear that your new mattress is sagging when it’s really the box spring, which supports the entire mattress.
- DO use an appropriate frame and center support for queen & king-sized sets. Using the right support frame will ensure your warranty remains in effect. DO keep your retail receipt in a safe place.
- DO rotate your mattress on a regular basis.Click edit button to change this text.
- DON’T PLACE YOUR MATTRESS NEAR OPEN FLAME OR EXPOSE TO FIRE. THIS MATTRESS IS NOT FLAME OR FIREPROOF, AND CAN IGNITE AND/OR BURN IF EXPOSED TO OPEN FLAME OR FIRE. WHEN IGNITED, SOME BEDDING MATERIAL CAN BURN RAPIDLYAND EMIT SMOKE AND HAZARDOUS GASES.
- DON’T smoke in bed. This mattress is manufactured as required by federal law to resist, but not necessarily eliminate, ignition by smoldering cigarettes.
- DON’T let anyone stand or jump on your mattress. It was not built for that kind of weight concentration or abuse.
- DON’T allow your mattress to get wet because some upholstery materials may compress. Protect it from water or other liquids.
- DON’T place a board between your mattress and box spring. Your sleep set is designed specifically to provide you with proper support, and the box spring plays an important role.
- DON’T bend your mattress more than 25°. Such treatment may damage the innerspring unit. Flex rather than bend the mattress when going through doorways.
- DON’T use dry cleaning fluid of any type on your mattress. These chemicals will damage some of the construction materials.
- DON’T remove the law tag label at the end of your mattress. This serves as a means of identification to establish your warranty rights.